The world of business today is ripe for disruption. Gone were the days where one has to generate capital, scale their investment and be present physically in order to be part of the action. Concepts such as the sharing economy, the platform economy, and the gig economy are becoming a norm, breaking conventional notions and perspectives of business. In addition, technological advances enable individuals to scale up their ventures from the start, bringing their enterprises to the world at a much faster rate.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) is a new academic programme offered by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). The programme provides individuals with current insights on the world of business, and a glimpse into the future through a structured 4-year undergraduate curriculum. Through this programme, students study and learn about strategy and ethics as well as understand insights into developing products and services across cultures and national borders. They will also be equipped with updated knowledge and industry-driven foresights to operate in an international business environment. At the end of the programme, students are able to initiate their own start-ups, enabling to work in cosmopolitan corporations, or to be a trendsetter in global industry.
Students from Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) will be pursuing their studies at the UTM Johor Bahru campus, the only Malaysian Public Research University located in the Iskandar Malaysia economic region. The university has a close proximity to an international business environment; therefore, students have first-hand experience about current developments within the region. Students will also engage in active learning, that reflect about the impact of regionalism, nationalism, and also international change towards enterprises and businesses.
Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) also offers flexibility to working professionals who are keen to upgrade and improve their skills, creating an excellent lifelong learning pathway to all.
- Entry Requirement
- Career Opportunities in various field
- Programme Structure
- Facilities and Accommodations
- Pass STPM or equivalent with a minimum PNGK of 2.00 Grade C (NGMP 2.00) for General Studies; And Grade C (NGMP 2.00) for TWO (2) other Subjects ; OR
- Pass STAM with a minimum grade of Jayyid Jiddan ; OR
- MOE Matriculation/ UA Foundation/ US Foundation or Equivalent with miniumum of CGPA ≥ 2.00 ; OR
- Diploma or any other Equivalent Qualification Recognized by the Malaysian Government and Approved by the University Senate.
- Passed the Malaysian Certificate of Education (SPM/ Equivalent) with at least Credit in Bahasa Melayu/ Bahasa Malaysia OR
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu/ Bahasa Malaysia July Paper; AND
- Obtained at least Band 2 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
- Big Data Analyst
- Smart Factories Analyst
- Forensic Scientist
- Islamic Business Strategist
- Digital Humanities Database Analyst
- Block Chain Management
- Industrial Psychologist
- Digital Marketing and Analytics
At Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) you can gain access to support services and facilities you may need to assist you with any aspect of your time spent here with us.
- Student Accommodation
- Student Entrepreneurship
- Student Financial Aid
- Student Health Centre
- Student Welfare
- Student Working Scheme
- Transportation Service
- Counseling Services
- Cultural Unit
- Sports & Recreation
1. What is the study mode?
The UTM Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) programme is offered in both full-time and part-time basis. Students attend lectures, complete assignments, and undergo periodical tests and end-of-semester examinations.
The total credit hour of the UTM Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) programme is 130 credit hours. In the first year, students enrol in university general courses and programme compulsory courses with a total of 34 credit hours. In the second year, students enrol in university general courses, programme compulsory courses, and business administration specialization courses with a total of 32 credit hours. In the subsequent year, students are allowed to enrol into their desired elective courses, with a total of 36 credit hours. In the fourth year, students engaged in programme compulsory courses, business administration specialization courses, and elective courses with a total of 16 credit hours, in addition to 12 credit hours for their internship.
2. What is the duration of the study?
3. What is the entry requirement?
|CATEGORY||MINIMUM REQUIREMENT||GENERAL REQUIREMENT FOR
SPM & MUET
|Malaysian Higher School Certificate (STPM)||Grade C (NGMP 2.00) for General Studies;
Grade C (NGMP 2.00) for TWO (2) other Subjects
|Passed the Malaysian Certificate of Education (SPM/ Equivalent) with at least Credit in Bahasa Melayu/ Bahasa Malaysia
Credit in Bahasa Melayu/ Bahasa Malaysia July Paper;
Obtained at least Band 2 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
|Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)||Jayyid Level|
|MOE Matriculation/ UA Foundation/ US Foundation or Equivalent||CGPA ≥ 2.00|
|Diploma or Equivalent||Obtained a Diploma or any other Equivalent Qualification Recognized by the Malaysian Government and Approved by the University Senate|
|Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning, APEL (C)|
4. Where is the campus for UTM Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) programme?
5. Is accommodation provided for UTM Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) programme?
Students enrolled under the UTM Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) programme will have the option of staying at on-campus accommodation in UTM Johor Bahru. Students may also opt to stay at rented accommodations outside UTM Johor Bahru.
UTM strongly advises students to stay within the UTM Johor Bahru campus in order to access the various on-campus learning facilities.
6. How much is the tuition fees?
7. When is the student intake?
8. When and where can I submit the application?
9. Why Choose UTM?
- Strategically located in the Iskandar Development Region (IDR) and Ibrahim International Business District (IIBD)
- Premier research university in Engineering & Technology in Malaysia.
- Leading university in research, industry engagement and student employability.
- Highly experienced and qualified lecturers.
- State−of−the−art research facilities and eco−tourism campus.
- Direct admission without going through UPU application process.
Affordable fees with availability of financial assistance.
10. Facilities and Accommodation
UTM provides comprehensive support services and facilities as listed below :
Student Financial Aid
Student Health Centre
Student Working Scheme
Sports & Recreation
and many more
Centre for Degree Programme,
Level 4 & 5, Block T-05,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
81310 Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Takzim.
Tel: +607-531 8000